Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kon Asian Bistro

Visited: Friday, July 10, 2009
Guests: CD
Overall:

LD's Review:
What can I say about Kon? The restaurant sits in a corner of a strip mall in EG however the atmosphere inside is very NY trendy. Large Buddha, a water feature, gold silk lantern style fabric hanging from the ceiling. The food however... We tried 3 different sushi rolls which were just average. For dinner I had the Thai Red Shrimp Curry which is one of my favorite dishes. I did enjoy it however not enough to venture to Kon again.

Gina's Review:
The restaurant itself was very nice. It's unfortunate that it is in a strip mall. I guess because a few of my friends had raved about this place I was expecting something different. Also, I was not a fan of the sushi.

M's Review:
It's not a good sign when the bartender thinks you're an underage narc trying to order a martini. LD and I got to Kon early and narrowly escaped being served a drink made with lychee fruit. Kon is touted as Pan-Asian, but honestly, what is this fusion trend happening with sushi? The chicken pad thai wasn't bad, but for the amount of money we spent, I should have been able to pick out the chicken I wanted to eat on the way in.

SusieB's Review:
But the NARC-scouting bartender did give is a sample of celery and pepper flavored vodka, which was really not the way I wanted to start off the night. Blech. I kind of liked the sushi. I mean, it wasn't the best spicy tuna I've ever had, but it also wasn't bad. Maybe I'm too easy to please, sushi-wise. I forget what my entree was called, but it involved chicken, pineapples and cashews and was served in a halved pineapple, and that fact alone makes it excellent. I narrowed it down to two and asked the waitress which I should get and she chose this one. I liked it, but I also felt like I could've totally made it at home and it would've tasted just as good, if not better. I shudder to think what the other option might have been like. Kon is pretty, though. Strip mall outside forgotten, it's a nice-looking restaurant, but the food is just good. Perhaps the owners should have invested less in decor and more in their chefs. I would go back if others in a group really wanted to (who am I kidding, these three are the only ones I ever go out with), but overall, I don't feel the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment